UT ST ยง 78B-9-104(1)(h)

In Utah, a person convicted of specific offenses while subject to force, fraud or coercion can ask the court to vacate the conviction. Eligible offenses include possession of a controlled substance, prostitution and aiding prostitution, lewdness, criminal trespass, theft, and possession of a forged writing device.

Generally, people must seek to vacate convictions in Utah within one year of the conviction is imposed or appealed. For survivors, Utah law does not count the period of time they may have been prevented from seeking relief due to the trafficking.


Updated Oct 2022

This webpage was produced by Freedom Network USA under Grant Number 2017-VT-BX-K018, awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this document are those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.