Md. Code Ann., Crim. Proc. § 8-302

Survivors of trafficking may file a motion to vacate a conviction for prostitution if they committed the offense while they were being trafficked. Motions that are signed and consented to by the prosecutor’s office may be granted without a hearing, but consent is not required to file the motion.

There is no time limitation to file, however, the motion must be made within a reasonable period after the conviction.


Updated Oct 2022


This webpage was produced by Freedom Network USA under Grant Number 2017-VT-BX-K018, awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this document are those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.