Freedom Network USA is committed to assisting direct service providers, advocacy organizations, and allies to respond as effectively and safely as possible to the shifting landscape as the US responds to the coronavirus.
Like many of you, FNUSA is continuing operations remotely. We know that those who provide direct services face much more complex challenges. Below is a collection of materials and resources that may be of assistance as you develop new policies, procedures, and practices to protect yourselves and your communities.
If there is anything else we can do to support you, please let us know.
Resource to Share with Survivors
- Hotlines and Chatlines
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free: 1-800-799-7233 and through chat.
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline is 24/7, confidential and free: 656.HOPE (4673) and through chat.
- The StrongHearts Native Helpline for domestic/sexual violence is available 7am-10pm CT, confidential, and specifically for Native communities: 1−844-762-8483.
- The Trans LifeLine for peer support for trans folks 9am-3am CT: 877-330-6366. This hotline is staffed exclusively by trans operators is the only crisis line with a policy against non-consensual active rescue.
- National Parent Helpline Monday -Friday 12pm-9am CT emotional support and advocacy for parents: 1-855-2736.
- Review options for safety planning when someone you are living with is hurting you from the National Network to End Domestic Violence and The National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Consider identifying and reaching out to a friend, co-worker, or family member who could check in with you about your safety and support needs, should you have to quarantine at home.
- Follow the CDC recommendations for COVID-19 prevention and care that are safe and possible in your circumstances and consider these additional resources:
- Holistic Support for Immunity & Virus Prevention by Diana Inlak’ech
- Preparing For and Dealing with COVID-19 Coronavirus by Crissaris Sarnelli, MD
- Safer Drug Use During The Covid19 Outbreak by the Harm Reduction Coalition
- Coronavirus Resources in Spanish from UnidosUS https://www.unidosus.org/issues/health/articles/coronavirus-span
Nonprofit Management Resources
- The Management Center, http://www.managementcenter.org/article/5-tips-for-managing-remotely-during-covid-19/
- TechSoup Resources for Remote Nonprofits, https://blog.techsoup.org/posts/nonprofit-resources-for-remote-work-during-the-covid-19-outbreak
- DC Bar Legal Alert on Remote Board Operations https://www.lawhelp.org/files/7C92C43F-9283-A7E0-5931-E57134E903FB/attachments/56FA850C-C886-4B3F-A9E5-481E6668AEFF/legal-alert-board-operations-during-coronavirus.pdf
Support for Direct Service Providers
- Futures Without Violence’s Information and Resources for DV Survivors and Providers https://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/get-updates-information-covid-19/
- NNEDV’s How to Operate as a Remote Workplace During a Public Health Crisis https://www.techsafety.org/remote-work-public-health-crisis
- NNEDV’s Tech Safety Recommendations for Communicating with Survivors Using Technology https://www.techsafety.org/digital-services-during-public-health-crises and Best Practices for Mobile Advocacy https://www.techsafety.org/resources-agencyuse/mobilecomputing-bestpractices
Support for Shelter and Housing Providers
- CDC Guidance for Shelter Providers, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/homeless-shelters/plan-prepare-respond.html
- Multnomah County, WA Guidance for Sheltered and Unsheltered Homeless Services, https://multco.us/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-guidance-people-experiencing-homelessness-without-shelter
Support for Immigration Law Practitioners
- From Just Futures Law information and samples to request release from detention:
- From Lance Curtright, by way of ASISTA, Motion to Continue Master Calendar Hearing, https://freedomnetworkusa.box.com/shared/static/n1lh2ib11gxk9c27jti76kc1kk921nts.docx
- From Matt Green, by way of ASISTA, please see attached Motion to Continue Individual (Merits) Hearing, https://freedomnetworkusa.box.com/s/wb9938xg9h5wd5zkgfjcv92qpyl1xc7f